On Site Activities
Pine Lodge offers a wide variety of activities for the whole family to enjoy. ‘Pirate’s Cove’ offers a 9-hole mini-golf course, trampoline, jungle gym and giant chess set. Our famous donkey cart rides take guests on a leisurely trip down to the Cape Recife lighthouse where a tour of the historic lighthouse can be arranged. Other activities include basketball, an on-site gymnasium and our fully-equipped games room with pool table, darts, table tennis and mini soccer. “The Island”, our on-site restaurant and bar, offers a wide variety of seafood cuisine while our “Seagulls” Coffee Shop offers our guests delicious confectionary, light meals and freshly baked bread in season.
The Cape Recife Conservancy:
Pine Lodge borders the Cape Recife Nature Reserve and is the perfect base from which to explore the many near-by activities that the area has to offer.
The Cape Recife Area is situated off Marine Drive, along Port Elizabeth’s magnificent beachfront in an area affectionately known as the ‘wildside’. The area’s rich natural diversity and exciting outdoor activities make it a ‘must-see’ destination for anyone visiting Port Elizabeth. The Cape Recife Conservancy (CRC) seeks to protect this rich and bio-diverse natural heritage by effectively managing and conserving all it’s resources for our future generations, and as a founding member of the Conservancy, we are proud to invite you to partake in all the activities that this diverse area has to offer.
These activities include:
- The Cape Recife Nature Reserve where, for those patient enough, nature will reward them with a glipmse of the Roseate Tern or perhaps the Cape clawless otter.
- The SA Marine Rehabilitation & Education Centre (SAMREC), where the endangered African Penguin and other marine birds are cared for.
- The Humewood Golf Club – one of the most challenging links courses in the world!
- Tours of the Cape Recife Lighthouse.
- Game viewing in Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University’s Grysbok Trail. (Grysbok, Bushbuck, Zebra, Springbuck & Red Hartebeest).
- A wide variety of watersports including superb angling, scuba diving, snorkelling, surfing and kayak-fishing.
From its unique blend of globally important plant and animal species to it’s breathtaking beaches – Cape Recife offers its visitors a truly unique natural experience.